For 3 months we have been talking about going to Disneyland over Thanksgiving break, but of course, being the Gabriel Family, we procrastinated on planning. Then poor Hunter got sick and we assumed we weren't going. Then when we arrived at my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner, Gabbie and Hunter asked if we were packed and ready to go. SO after some last minute planning, we got a few hours of sleep and left at 2:30 in the morning for a fun roadtrip to the happiest place on earth! I could go on and on for pages about our two days at Disneyland. I was like a child again-staring in awe at all the beautiful buildings decorated for Christmas. We took a picture with Cruella DeVil who was so funny! "This is Disneyland-make a fool of yourself. I'm never going to see these people again." :) We road on the Matterhorn with the little abominable snowman guys-note: that ride is bad for your back haha Then we saw Cinderella telling her story in the princess area and tried to copy her precise princess poses. We rode on Its A Small World which was a lot cooler than I remember it being-and all of us enjoyed the little boy behind us screaming "DADDY! Look!!!" His parents were sitting right next to him..
Next we went to Frontierland and took a ride on Thunder Mountain (fast passes are bomb!) which was a lot of fun. Then we rode on the Sailing Ship Columbia where Alyssa got in trouble for trying to go below deck which was pretty dang funny! Afterwards, we went on the Jungle Cruise with our cheesy tour guide-his jungle jokes weren't very funny. Poor guy. Then we toured Tarzan's sweet house! That was awesome! I kinda wanted to live in there...
One of my favoritest rides was Pirates of the Caribbean-that was awesome! I love Pirates in the first place and the sets were so cool-and the new Jack Sparrows around the ride were very realisitic. We ran over to Space Mountain which was so much fun! We have hilarious facial expressions in our picture. Afterwards we went to Buzz Lightyear's little ride and I rode with Hunter around the race track-she is a hilarious driver! We also rode on the Indiana Jones ride-much scarier when I was a child but still fun!
We hopped over to California Adventures to ride on Tower of Terror (long line) and California Soarin', but by then we were all beat, so we went back to the hotel and crashed!
The next day we went to Cali. Adventures and immediately went on Tower of Terror. Good gracious. Hunter and I held onto each other for dear life while Auntie and Mom laughed hysterically! I wasn't so amused but that's ok. Then we rode on California Screamin' which I was a little freaked out for, so I rode with my mom. That ride is so much fun!! We decided to ride on the swings, which some of us didn't think was so fun, but the ferris wheel was not fun whatsoever. It was freezing and the cars swing around, so I cried. "Shut the front door!" :) We went on Cali. Screamin' again to recuperate from that craziness.
We went to the Bug's Life story which was so cute! Technology for future generations is going to be insane! Then we got lunch...well, my family got lunch and I got lunch for a fairy lol I wasn't very hungry so I got the kids meal for $7.00. Seven dollars!! My family gave me their leftovers as pity food :)
After lunch we went on California Soarin' which was SO cool! You have to try that! And then went shopping where we ran into my mom's old friend, Cyndi. Her daughter cried on the ferris wheel too--I feel vindicated!
We got in line for the Toy Story ride (not worth the hour wait) and decided to go on Cali. Screamin' for the 3rd time because it was so fun! I was really hoping the line to Toy Story would take enough time that we'd miss our window for the fast pass to Tower of Terror, but we made it just in time! :/ The second time was better because I knew what was going to happen, but ufda! Freaky!!
We went back to Disneyland to watch the fireworks and go through the castle when it started to rain--freezing!! The show was really cool and the Disney workers took their sweet time taking the rope down to get into the castle so we were absolutely soaked! We decided to go on the Snow White ride to dry off-it was nice and toasty in there! :) Finally, we headed back to Cali. Adventures, soaking wet and freezing and sore, to watch World of Color. While we were waiting, we each said what parts of our bodies were hurting and then did a little warm up dance. World of Color was very cool!
We went back to the hotel and drove back home to reality on Sunday and I must say, I'm having a hard time being back here. I could live at Disneyland-with better shoes. Don't wear chucks to theme parks. Dumb idea! Anyway, it was the best vacation of my life---I had so much fun with my awesome family!! I love you guys so much!!!
(p.s. the rest of the pics are on facebook!) :)






Awwwwwyyeeeeaaahhh! Sounds like such an awesome trip Ari. I am so glad you enjoyed it and ended up going. :) Love the pics!
ReplyDeleteIt was soo awesome! It was the best vacation of my life! And thank you!! Awwwwwwwwyyeeeeaaahhhh! :]
ReplyDelete