Do you ever just want to escape your life? To fly somewhere far away from everything you know and experience something new-something fresh? Lately it seems like everybody else has all of this amazing stuff going on in their lives while I've been stuck in the same old rut since graduating high school. Friends are getting in relationships, getting married, having babies, going on trips, moving-all kinds of exciting things. And here I am, still going to a community college with barely any friends, still job hunting, still waiting for old friends to actually care that I exist, still waiting for something exciting to happen-or preferably, for Jesus to rapture us home. I am so ready to go home!
Obviously I am happy for friends and family when fun things happen for them. I just wish something cool would happen to me. I have been so busy between school, service learning, homework, job hunting, taking care of the house, and other random stuff that I have been counting down the days till I got to go with my family to Disneyland. I am in desperate need of a vacation away from here! But I don't think I can even do that now. I think I ought to just save up as much money as possible and move to Australia.
Of course I see the blessings God has given me and I am content with everything I have-I have an awesome family and two really sweet best friends (Mb and Tiff). God keeps providing for me and I have more than I deserve. But I can't help but feel like my life is in an endless cycle of monotony-like a broken record player. Please, somebody get me out of here!!
No comments:
Post a Comment