There's really not much to say. My dresser weighs as much as a small cow, so my awesome brother, Frank, helped me haul it outside. It has a gagillion grooves on it to give it beautiful detail and my Mom and sister were very thorough in their painting job...sanding that off has proved to be quite the challenge! I worked on it for about 4 1/2 hours today. And I got help from some very sweet Gray boys...
Levi was hanging out with me after Caleb and Frank went home and asked me when I could start painting. I told him that I had to finish sanding the drawers and then I could paint tomorrow. He asked if I was going to church in the morning and when I said yes, he said, "Well, maybe you could not tell Auntie and Nina and leave the door open for me, and I'll come get you up early so we can work on the drawers before church." Oh Lord. I could eat that kid with a spoon! He is such a great helper :) He also offered to help me organize my room until my dresser is ready since it looks like this:
Sunday: My fingers are going to FALL OFF!!! Oh my gosh. Sanding by hand is the worst. Many times today, I questioned why on earth I started this crazy project. But thankfully I had two cutie pie boys keeping me company & Caleb also fed me pretzels :) After Frank helped me finish sanding (because he's the sweetest brother on the planet), the boys helped me paint!
Not the greatest pics, but its just the first coat. The boys did a great job. And on the back of one of my dresser drawers, the boys put their hand prints :) I was just sad Luke couldn't put his hand prints on there :( As we were painting, Caleb was talking about what a fun day it had been and said to me, "I love you more than you say." (I love you more than you can ever say!) Heart melting!! I love my boys! Tomorrow, I will finish this madness and my room will be clean again!
Wednesday: On Monday and Tuesday, I did the last two coats of paint. Today I was finally able to move the dessser in! I'm not used to the white yet-it looks pretty sterile to me right now, but eventually I'll love it! And my room is spick-n-span again! Yay! :)









No comments:
Post a Comment