Friday, October 8, 2010

Healing

B- I don't know where you went.
I tried to call out cause I just needed to vent.
I reached out to you cause I loved you and missed you.
I figured you'd answer cause of all that we've been through.
But you never replied and you never reached out
And I figured it was because of your new life now.
But I'm tired of waiting for a friend that won't come
And I wish I could stop feeling and just be numb
Cause your absence is one of the ones that hurts the most
But I can't keep waiting on love from a ghost.
You were there on the absolute worst day of my life-
When my world turned upside down & my heart felt like it was stabbed with a knife.
And I thank you for holding me while I cried.
But you know, I cried for you too.
And all I kept wondering is "what did I do?"
But the question won't be answered because you won't speak
And this one-sided relationship has made me weak.
And I'm tired of waiting for a friend that won't come
And I wish I could stop feeling and just be numb
Cause your absence is one of the ones that hurts the most
But I can't keep waiting on love from a ghost.

Z-I don't know what's the deal.
It seems like everyone's lips are sealed.
Same question to you-What did I do?
Or are you just ignoring me cause it's convenient for you?
I'm tired of all these waiting games
and feeling like I'm the one to blame
when where were you and where was B
the past 12 months when I needed to grieve?
I love you Z-you're my best friend-
I'm just waiting for this silence to end.

S-I never knew what I had in you till you were gone
And now I keep hoping for that glorious dawn
When Jesus and His angels come to rapture us home
And then I will never have to face life alone.
I wish you were here to make everything alright-
Just seeing you would make each day so much more bright.
You were an enemy, then a friend, then like a dad
And I want you to know that I miss you so bad.
I'm sorry I never told you and I guess I never knew-
Scotty P I really do love you.

My Sweet Savior-the only one who has ever always been here for me.
"I'll hold tight to what I know-You're here and I'm never alone."
I love you

5 comments:

  1. Ari- This is beautiful. I love you so much, and I'm so sorry for all that you've been through this past year. I hope you know that I'm here for you whenever you need to talk, and thanks for always being there for me too. I'm glad that you have so much faith because you're right you are never alone. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiff-aw-knee--YOU are beautiful! Thank you for being amazing. I seriously can't say enough about what a huge blessing you've been to me. I'm so glad God made us friends! And I'm glad I have my faith too-if I didn't, I don't know how I'd cope. Jesus is incredible!! I love you mucho mucho!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ari, nice Blog!
    I sometimes feel alone on the weekends but God does give you comfort in my life like family, and my education! Thank you Lord !

    See you Later, Corey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ari- this made me tear up a little. Death is so much more complicated than I ever thought. You lose so much more than just that person and it feels like your world is crashing in around you. I know exactly how you feel. One thing I have learned is to not allow myself to be numb, but to feel everything and allow the grief to wash over me. It is not easy, but i would rather have feeling than be numb.
    I love you so much. Beautiful poem. Makes me want to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know-it super sucks. No one ever tells you that you lose that person and a few friends (sometimes even family) with them. Its painful learning who your real friends are and who really cares. But I think it allows you to grow and hopefully grow closer to God and depend on Him! I definitely don't want to be numb about losing Scott--but I'm at the point where I'm tired of feeling hurt and abandoned by people I thought were friends, ya know what I mean? I'd rather have feeling too. Thanks for liking my poem! You were always really awesome at poetry-you should start again :) I love you so much too big spissy!!

    ReplyDelete