Wow this semester has been innnnnsAaaaAaane! Between classes every day, volunteering, mentoring, working 3 part time jobs, homework, and trying to have a social life, life has been a little jam packed. Downside? I found out a few weeks ago that it made it easy for me to have a meltdown like a 4 year old when I didn't get enough sleep. Upside? SO many blessings! It has been so awesome to see God provide these jobs for me and a wonderful group of friends and professors who care about me & encourage me in Christ! Also, I have a pretty consistent schedule which helps me stay on top of things (a blessing for a planner like me).
It has also been a period of emotional growth. I am learning more about myself and God and those around me through conflicts. Although it hasn't been fun all the time, the growing opportunities have been blessings from the Lord. I foolishly thought for about a day last semester that I had everything pretty figured out and I didn't have anything to work on for the moment. Like I said, that lasted about a day. Then God humbled me and showed me I had a LOT to learn. The lessons continue and I doubt they are over for the semester, but I am taking them in stride with deep breaths and lots of prayer. Overall, this semester has been stretching me more than I thought. "No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11 Thank you for growing me, Lord! So if you think of it, send up a prayer for me--my biggest prayer this semester has been that I would be a blessing to others. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment