Friday, July 1, 2011

Stand Your Ground

   I'm sure you've all seen my facebook status updates talking about being attacked by satan or that he needs to leave me alone right now. Due to some changes God is bringing me through, the past (almost) two weeks have been extremely difficult for me and I go through days of being ok and other days of my heart hurting. One thing that has been frustrating me is that I'll have a great day and be on a spiritual high-I'll know that I'm doing what God wants me to and be encouraged by my girlfriends, and then the tiniest thing will happen and it knocks me down. My mood changes and I quickly lose sight of the hope that God had filled me with earlier in the day. Satan does not want me close to God or close to my girlfriends-He does not want to see progress in my life. Yesterday was one of those days for me. I was having a great day and I read something that tore me down in two seconds. And the first place I went was "I don't want to be here anymore. If this is how it is, what am I even doing here?" So I wallowed in that for a while (which, by the way, is never a good idea!). And then I decided to get off my butt and do Bible study, knowing that God would meet me there and help me out.
   My Bible study was about Solomon asking for wisdom & how God prepared David to become King by first being a shepherd. I was reminded that God is preparing me for future responsibilities and relationships through this situation now. The last piece of my Bible study was 2 Thessalonians 2 in which it describes satan using every tool he has to deceive people and blind them to God's truth. I immediately prayed for God to send His warrior angels to protect me. And from then on, I had a great day (imagine that!). This morning, I found notes from a sermon from May of last year (God prepares us well in advance!). It says that we first need to understand who our enemy is. Satan is strong. He is a deceiver (2 Corin. 11:3-Cunning, 2 Corin. 4:4-blinds people to the light of Christ). He is a destroyer. He prowls around looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). He has asked to sift you like wheat because he wants to destroy you (Luke 22:31)! He is coniving and is seeking to outwit you. 2 Corin. 2:11-be aware of his schemes. He tried to outwit Jesus-the Creator-the Son of God! You think he won't try to outwit you?? He strategizes against you! "For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 6:12).
   Here's where the good news comes in. Although the body is weak, the spirit is willing (Mark 14:38). God has given us divinely powered weapons to demolish evil strongholds. He gives us the belt of Truth, the breastplate of Righteousness, sandals of Peace, a shield of Faith, a helmet of Salvation (to protect your mind!), the sword of the Spirit (the Word of God), and prayer (the ability to speak with God)! God gives you all of these things to protect yourself. But there is one part of the body that is not mentioned-your back. I believe there are two reasons why this is. Your back isn't mentioned because God's covering it-He always has your back no matter what. And your back isn't mentioned because you were never intended to turn your back to satan and run. Resist satan and he will run from you! Stand your ground!! Satan has far more to be scared of in dealing with you and God than you have in dealing with him. Look at 2 Samuel 22. God would literally move Heaven and earth to protect you! The Creator of the immeasurable universe would leave His Throne to defend you! Satan ought to be scared! He messed with the wrong person with you because he messed with the son or daughter of the Most High King who is literally going to kill him with the breath of his mouth (2 Thessalonians 2:8). Satan is puny and pathetic and small. You have the God of the universe on your side-and with God on your side, who can be against you? So tell satan to back off because your God is ready to blow him away and there is nothing-NOTHING- that will stop you from furthering His Kingdom. How great is our God?!
   Father, I praise Your Holy Name. Thank you for defending me and protecting me. Your Word tells us that the demons hear Your name and they tremble. What do I have to be scared of?? Yes-hard times will come and yes-there will be times that I am in the dark. But I will hold tight to Your hand because You promise to never let go (Psalm 37:23-24). I will stand my ground against satan because You are my ground! You are my solid rock and even though satan is powerful, You are so much more than he ever could be. Praise to my Rock! Lord, I lift up anyone who is reading this. I pray they will be encouraged and that their desire to fight will be reignited. Everything is possible with You, Lord. Praise God! I love you, Lord. How great is our God! Amen! Amen! Amen!
   Isaiah 41:10~Psalm 23:4~Isaiah 43:2~Isaiah 51:11~Matthew 11:28-29
   "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Love the scriptures you referenced. Thanks for the encouragement Ari! :)

    ReplyDelete